Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where has this year gone?

Wow I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted here.  A lot has happened this year.  I have had 2 illnesses that have wiped me out.  In August (my birthday to be exact!) I came down with Bells Palsy and boy did it throw me for a loop.  I teased that I looked like sloth from Goonies, I know a lot of my family and especially Dwayne would get so mad at me but in all honesty I felt like him.  I don't think of myself as vain, however, I hated being in public and could have stayed in my room if Johns would have let me.

In March I got sick then too and had to go through a lot of testing to figure out what was wrong.  They never found anything but they were able to treat me - sorry my blog is not the place to go into detail about this part of my life.  I felt as though so far this year I had been given a lot more than I could handle.

However we have had some great times.  My dad came and helped Dwayne and I finish a bathroom in our basement.  It was fun to spend the time with him and learn what he has always done for us.  It turned out great and I am glad we were able to do it.

In October we went to Disneyland with Jennifer and her family.  We had such a great time even though it was SO BUSY!!!!  The new cars land it a lot of fun!

My mom celebrated her 4 year anniversary of her new Kidney....even though she did not remember the day until I called to wish her a happy anniversary.

In October Suzzanne and Alexis flew up and we went to Witchpalooza at Garner Village.  We all dressed up and went to the dinner show.  We had so much fun and laughed way too much.  Especially at my mom who could not clap on beat for nothing and then she started to dance with the entertainment.  I think Alexis and Brianna were going to die of embarrassment!  When they were here Suzzanne also requested we do one of our famous "fun Friday's".  We went to Boondocks and again laughed way too much and had such a great time.  Let's just say that there were mustaches involved and lots of pictures.

Fun Friday's have been something that we have started this year with Brianna, Bridger and Alexis L where we have gone swimming, bowling, get air and anything else we can think of.  It has been so much fun to get closer to our nieces and nephews and again - we laugh way too much!

When the Hadley family was here this summer we also did a lot with them including our "fun Friday" stuff.  We had so much fun and took some great pictures.  We miss having them around so we took full advantage of the time we had with them.

We spent Thanksgiving with the Johns family.  It was very nice and we had great company.

I really miss my parents who are in Vegas for the winter.  It is so hard to not just jump in my car and go and see them.  This year has been really hard in that my mom had her knee replace and my dad had to have surgery twice on his knee.  I hate worrying about them.

No comments: